BSc (Hons) Vision Science
Provided by ABDO College working in conjunction with Canterbury Christ Church University (CCCU), the new BSc (Hons) in Vision Science course is designed for fully qualified dispensing opticians who wish to gain a profession specific degree and acquire graduate skills that can be applied to the workplace.
- A unique opportunity for dispensing opticians to ‘top-up’ to a degree whilst still working in practice
- Designed for those with the FBDO diploma who want a profession specific degree
- A collaborative programme between ABDO College and CCCU
- Online distance learning via CCCU’s Virtual Learning Environment
- Study at a time that suits you 24/7
- No travel or accommodation costs, no books to buy, no exams to take
- Flexible timeframe – 18 months is the suggested time, but you have up to three years
- Mix of assessments, essays, poster, leaflet, case study, workplace project…
- Three compulsory modules and three optional modules from a list which includes contact lenses and low vision
Applicants should have the ABDO Level 6 Diploma in Ophthalmic Dispensing (FBDO) qualification and have current ABDO membership.
For more information and to register your interest call the courses team at ABDO College on 01227 738 829 (Option 1) or email email@example.com
Canterbury Christ Church University
An inspiring and welcoming community
Canterbury Christ Church University (CCCU) is renowned for academic excellence, a warm welcoming atmosphere and community spirit. It is a modern university, immersed in culture, and with a strong reputation for delivering high quality professional public service education.
The University supports almost 20,000 students at its campuses across Kent and Medway. It has a strong record for employment, with 96 per cent of graduates in employment or further study six months after completing their studies; a flourishing research community with an international reputation; and one of the largest number of courses for public service careers in the South East.
Canterbury Christ Church University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and diversity and widening participation. The University ensures that all its members are valued for their qualities, skills, experience, abilities and contribution to the organisation in their learning.