ABDO College offers great courses to help you develop your skills. Read on to find out about what’s available:
Develop your career and learn while you earn
Do you want to achieve a professional qualification while you work?
Combine distance learning with block release over three years to become a registered dispensing optician.
You will become a Fellow of the Association of British Dispensing Opticians (FBDO), allowing you to work in optical practice, dispensing spectacles to all groups of people including children and those with sight impairments.
You can become the practice expert in optical problem solving.
The FBDO qualification is the gateway to your further career advancement, allowing for specialisms in contact lenses, low vision and more.
Open to dispensing opticians (as well as optometrists and ophthalmologists), ABDO College contact lens courses give you the chance to add a new speciality to progress your career.
Contact lens opticians assess whether contact lenses meet the needs of a patient, resolve clinical and tolerance issues, and remain responsible for clinical decisions enabling them to provide continuity of care to their patients.
Combine distance learning with block release over one year to become a registered contact lens optician.
Why ABDO College?
- A proven track record of success since 2001
- An extensive range of courses to suit your individual needs
- Dedicated and experienced academic staff
- Friendly and supportive learning environment
- Consistently high theory and practical examination results
- Helpful course tutors
- Vibrant and positive attitude towards students
- Committed to the furtherance of dispensing optics
- Established by the profession for the profession
How do I join? Find out more and apply online here
Ophthalmic Dispensing 1 August 2022
Contact Lens Certificate: 31 July 2022
Payment plans now available for all courses
*Student finance is available for the Ophthalmic Dispensing degree