Vacancy: Courses Co-ordinator, Optical Support Programmes
ABDO College is offering a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our team of dedicated teaching and administrative staff at Godmersham, Kent.
ABDO College offer a range of courses through Access, Diploma, Degree, Advanced and Honours, providing quality programmes leading to ABDO examinations and now also offers training courses leading to Worshipful Company of Spectacle Makers (WCSM) qualifications at levels 2, 3 and 4.
ABDO College specialises in the provision of blended and distance learning education for the optical profession. Devotion and care are coupled with extensive professional knowledge to equip students with the understanding and skills for their chosen progression. ABDO College has an impressive reputation for high standards and exemplary pass rates.
The available post is a 0.50FTE (2.5 days per week) and the role will include the preparation and maintenance of course materials required for optical assistants and optical technicians courses, supporting the provision of these materials through Moodle, delivery of workshops, sourcing and organising staff and venues to support the latter, co-ordinating tutors and undertaking tutor evaluation.
The person we are looking for will;
- be a qualified Dispensing Optician, ideally with optical technician and/or optical assistant development experience
- have excellent IT skills
- have the ability to deliver a wide range of theory and practical subjects at the appropriate level for optical technicians and optical assistants
- have excellent interpersonal skills
- have the ability to work within a team and be self-motivated
- be required to attend the College, your designated workplace, for a minimum of 2 days every month.
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter detailing their suitability for the role, with details of 2 referees to;
Jo Underwood, College Principal
Godmersham Park Mansion
Kent CT4 7DT
For any additional information or to discuss the post, telephone Jo on 01227 733906 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 30th May 2018.