Anatomy & Physiology in Health and Illness
A Waugh BSc(Hons) MSc Cert Ed SRN RNT ILTM & A Grant BSc PhD RGN
Published by Churchill Livingstone
Ross and Wilson has been the number one choice for over a million students since it first published, over 50 years ago. One of the world’s most popular textbooks of anatomy and physiology, it introduces the structure and functions of the human body and the effects of disease or illness on normal body function. More than any other text Ross and Wilson uses easy-to-understand, straightforward language, enhanced by colour illustrations and a huge range of interactive online activities, to make learning more visual and engaging.
Ross and Wilson is essential reading for anyone embarking on a career as a healthcare professional, especially in the nursing and allied health professions, complementary / alternative medicine or as paramedics and ambulance technicians.
New to this edition
- Fully revised and updated text, with a focus on the most commonly occurring disorders
- New sections on the implications of normal ageing on the structure and function of the body systems to reinforce the core material and reflect today’s ageing population
- A new, easy-to-use colouring feature has been added to the extensive and varied selection of highly popular web-based online revision activities
- Additional coloured electron micrographs and photographs, as well as updated illustrations
- Extended glossary for fast, convenient and concise reference to important terminology
Also available: an accompanying Colouring and workbook that facilitates structured learning and revision of the material in this book. Phone for details.
Recommended reading for the following ABDO College course:
- Access Human Biology