A choice of two distance learning courses to become a dispensing optician
Foundation Degree /BSc (Hons) in Ophthalmic Dispensing (Year 1)
Fellowship Dispensing Diploma courses (Year 1)
ABDO College offers a choice of two distance learning courses on the route to becoming a qualified dispensing optician (DO):
A two-year Foundation Degree course followed by a third year BSc Degree course in Ophthalmic Dispensing – leading to BSc (Hons) and the ABDO Level 6 FBDO qualifications.
A three-year diploma course in Ophthalmic Dispensing – leading to the ABDO Level 6 FBDO qualification.
- Combines academic and work-based learning
- 32 weekly distance learning units in each academic year
- Four weeks block release at Godmersham in each academic year
- Block release accommodation can be provided
- Year 1 courses will commence in September 2017
- Grade C or above GCSE in English, mathematics, science and two other subjects, including evidence of recent learning
- Applicants must be working in practice as a trainee dispensing optician for a minimum of 30 hours per week and have the support of their employer
For further information and application forms please contact the ABDO College Courses Team on 01227 738 829 (Option 1) or email email@example.com