Contact Lenses, 6th Edition
By Anthony J. Phillips, MPhil, FBOA, HD, FAAO, FBCO, FVCO, FCLSA, DCLP, Dept. of Ophthalmology, Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, South Australia Dept. of Ophthalmology, Women’s and Children’s Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia and Lynne Speedwell, BSc, MSc(Health Psych), DCLP, FAAO, Head of Optometry, Clinical & Academic Department of Ophthalmology, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Published by Elsevier
592 pages with approx. 600 illustrations (450 in full colour)
Completely revised with the latest advances, evidence, and standards needed for everyday practice, Contact Lenses, 6th Edition, remains a definitive work on this multi-faceted topic, ideal for optometrists, dispensing opticians, ophthalmologists, and contact lens practitioners. This classic, superbly designed text is perfectly suited for health care professionals, providing all of the essential knowledge needed in one convenient volume.
- Provides up-to-date, authoritative information on contact lens materials and lens types, treatment in contact lens and tear film complications, and myopia correction and contact lenses for abnormal ocular conditions.
- Discusses current topics such as miniscleral lenses, keratoconus, corneal cross linking, and paediatric, cosmetic and prosthetic contact lenses.
- Includes NEW online access to ExpertConsult, with calculators and simulation programs for scleral lens fitting, sagittal values, soft toric mislocation, front vertex power, orthokeratology and rigid lens design, and more.
- Contains high-quality line diagrams and clinical illustrations to highlight key points in the text.
- Focuses on the evidence behind contact lens practice, enabling you to make informed choices about the care you give to your patients.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Essential reading for the following ABDO College course:
- Contact Lens Certificate