How to Write Better Essays
Published by Palgrave Macmillan
Have you ever wondered why some people can produce well-structured, relevant essay written in a style that seems to glide across the page with the minimum of fuss? Do you think some people simply have these skills, and others don’t, and that there is nothing we can do about it? This book just might change your mind. Addressing each landmark stage of the essay writing process, How to Write Better Essays teaches you how to:
- Analyse the question and break down the difficult terms and concepts
- Brainstorm effectively and generate your own ideas
- Evaluate and criticise arguments
- Express your thoughts coherently and develop your own style of writing
- Plan and structure your essay from introduction to conclusion
…and along the way, practical techniques show you how to analyse, criticise, discuss and evaluate material, improve your style, revise your final draft and avoid plagiarism.
This second edition features a unique troubleshooting section allowing you easily to locate solutions to your writing problems, additional chapters on paragraphs and style, and end of chapter summaries. In short, this book is the constant source of assistance and inspiration you need to tackle your essays with confidence!