The Study Skills Handbook
Director for Lifelong Learning at the University of Leeds
Published by Palgrave MacMillan
If you are serious about achieving success at university, The Study Skills Handbook is your essential companion. Acknowledging that, for many, the challenge of study begins with questions of ‘how’, the author draws on over 20 years of experience working with students, to highlight the skills you need in order to improve your grades. Stella Cottrell’s tried and tested topics such as time management, improving your memory, writing essays, revising for exams, and critical analytical thinking are covered in this practical, no-nonsense handbook that puts you at the heart of the learning process.
- Encourages a reflective, active and self-evaluating attitude to learning
- Is user-friendly. Key topics are easy to find, understand and remember
- Includes planners, checklists, questionnaires, record sheets and practical activities throughout for an interactive learning experience
- This third edition contains new chapters on e-learning and confidence with numbers
Put simply, whether you are going to university straight from school, returning to education as a mature student, or beginning study in the UK for the first time, The Study Skills Handbook is your passport to success.
Essential reading for the following ABDO College course:
- Foundation Degree in Ophthalmic Dispensing